HI! I feel like I’m having a reunion with an old friend – I’ve missed writing here so much. The reason I couldn’t is because I had exams all last week so I barely had time to breathe. Anyway, Merry Christmas! I’ve been feeling SO christmassy this year – I’ve got serial lights strung all around my room and berry incense sticks burning away. Also, Christmas carols playing on repeat. Tis the season to be jolly after all 😉
Every year, I have a couple of things that I have to do on Christmas and during the build up to it in order to feel truly festive. Some of these things are traditional while others are mainly my own variations. Enjoy!
- Get a Christmas tree (small, large, whatever) and decorate it while playing cheesy holiday songs. Loads more fun if you get your friends to join in 🙂
- Serial lights are your best friend this season. To me, nothing screams festive like serial lights. A whole bunch of twinkly gold or silver serial lights around your mirror is honestly the prettiest thing ever.
- Make Christmas cookies. Or you can just buy them but it’s not really the same is it? Sadly, I’m a buyer this year because apparently maths doesn’t take holidays and you cannot shove your textbooks into a dingy cupboard to escape them. (I know, I was shocked too)
- Download a playlist of holiday songs. A few songs that you HAVE to have are Carol of the Bells, Here Comes Santa Claus, Santa Tell Me and Mistletoe. Best. Christmas. Songs. Ever.
- Get an elf name for yourself! This is my absolute favourite. I found a website that generates an elf name from your original name and it’s so much fun! My elf name is Gingerbread Mullingstockings and I love it ❤ I made my friends get their elf names too which was hilarious. They are so ridiculous that you can’t NOT love em.
So, there you have it! All my Christmas traditions which I hope you enjoy as much as I do 🙂
Peace and goodwill from,
Gingerbread Mullingstockings xo